If you have any questions relating to remote or online instruction, come to daily office hours! Office Hours are provided by Online Education and FITC and happen every weekday 2pm–3pm. If you are prompted, the passcode is: help
Here’s just a sample of some of the things we can help with:
- Canvas — creating assignments, discussions, or quizzes, publishing courses and modules, setting up the gradebook, how to use SpeedGrader, student groups, assigning peer reviews …
- Zoom — scheduling meetings, how to share screen, virtual background and filters, creating polls or breakout rooms, accessing participation reports and taking attendance, preventing Zoombombing and Zoom security, setting up Zoom class meetings in Canvas …
- YuJa — how to upload videos, recording and editing YuJa videos, adding in-video quizzes, sharing videos with your students, adding YuJa media into Canvas, adding captions to your videos …
- Anything about Gradescope, Hypothesis, Google Suite …
- … and more! Come visit us!
Prefer a scheduled one-on-one consultation? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set up an appointment for you. Online Education is composed of instructional designers and technologists who can help you with all parts of your course.
- Student engagement (including in large lecture courses)
- Assessment design and re-design
- Equity-minded teaching practices
- Creating community, and welcome and inclusive class environments
- Accessible course design
- Teaching with tablets