Each year the UC Office of the President releases an open call for proposals for fully online and hybrid courses. In recent years the call has had rolling deadlines in Fall (November) and Spring (April). This call is competitive as it offers instructors the possibility of funding levels that can support the creation of high-quality digital content that goes above and beyond what might be expected for an online course. Recent awards at UC Santa Cruz have been used to develop courses that maximize the value of online education by pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the online format.
The information below will be updated as soon as the 2019-20 call is released. Instructors should also look for campus email messages announcing the call during Winter Quarter.
2018-19 Systemwide ILTI Request for Online Education Course Proposals
The systemwide request for ILTI online education course proposals is coordinated by the UC Office of the President. Highlights of the RFP are listed below. For more information and instructions on how you can submit a proposal, please visit the following website: https://www.ucop.edu/innovative-learning-technology-initiative/proposals/index.html
- Competition among all UC faculty
- Open to ladder-rank faculty, LSOEs and LPSOEs; Unit 18 continuing lecturers are encouraged to submit proposals with appropriate UC academic appointees as the PI
- Call is targeted at developing fully online or hybrid courses
- Proposals representing collaboration among PIs and departments from different campuses are encouraged
- Maximum award is for $90K
- The submission review dates for the RFP are November 26, 2018 and April 5, 2019
- Submissions are handled by ProposalCENTRAL, an online system for managing proposals.
- Link to instructions: https://www.ucop.edu/innovative-learning-technology-initiative/proposals/index.html